Why Adopt?

People often wonder why Michael and I would choose to adopt when we have so many biological children. There are so many children in this world who are going without the love of a mother and father and the security of a stable home environment. We feel it is our calling to provide for at least one of those children through adoption.

Adoption is a natural choice for us since I was a birth mother as a teenager. I placed my infant son with a family through a semi-open adoption. I am excited to be on the other end of the situation and be able to now help a mother in need.

Our Progress in the Adoption Process

As of June 19, 2010, we have the written homestudy report in our hands and are researching adoption grants to help finance the adoption. We are preparing our documents for the Ethiopian government, but can't proceed much further without the first half of the Ethiopian program fee (roughly $6,000).


Timeframe from now until we bring our daughter home: Our personal goal is to bring our daughter home by the Fall of 2013.

Pages

1/4/11

I have been selected!!!


My embroidered denium bicycle purse is being featured on the weekly blog listing Treasury Tuesday. Each week, Inspired Mama chooses a theme and finds handmade arts and crafts that fit into that theme. She hopes that by running this weekly blog post she can help promote the handmade marketplace and the artists that make it possible.

It is such an honor to have an item from my etsy shop chosen for the theme, "I Want to Ride My Bicycle." Selling items from etsy is currently the main source of funding for our international adoption. All the proceeds from my sales go to support our adoption.

Please consider visiting Inspired Mama and leaving a comment for her about her site. I know she would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your adoption from Ethiopia!! We have adopted once from Korea, and twice from China. It's a rewarding experience and the children bring such blessings to your home!

    I hope your adoption process is smooth!

    Courtney
    www.china-adoption-online.com

    ReplyDelete